Job Description – We’re Growing: 2 Positions Available!
JOB TITLE: Music Therapist Board Certified – Independent Contractor TERM/FTE: Per contract
LOCATION: Dupage County DEPARTMENT: Special Education
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until positions are filled START DATE: 8/20/18 or TBD
Position Summary: Music Therapist caseload entails working in special education, Pre-K thru High School in group settings. Student population is comprised of students with a variety of disabilities including, but not limited to, autism, cerebral palsy, cognitive disabilities, vision impairments and social/emotional disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency
- MT-BC credential (or within 2 weeks of signed contract)
- Ability to demonstrate strong clinical musicianship on guitar and vocal skills
- At least 1-year experience working with groups who have Autism or internship with strong focus in Autism
- Experience with severe and profound multi-needs and BD/LD populations
- Professional Liability Insurance (active by hire date)
- Reliable transportation and up to date auto insurance
- Have your own guitar and rhythm instruments
- Follow American Music Therapy Association and Certification Board for Music Therapists standards of practice
Certification, Licensure, Training: Bachelor’s Degree in Music Therapy or Music Therapy Equivalency; MT-BC credential (or within 2 weeks of signed contract); Illinois Substitute Teacher License may be required
- These are independent contractor positions (there may be a possibility of these becoming employee positions)
- Caseload: School based, group sessions with 10 to 20+ direct contact hours. (Number of sessions is negotiable)
- Competitive pay based on experience and credentials
- Create your own schedule
- Access to Boardmaker online
- Mini iPad for use in sessions
- Co-treatment opportunities
- Supportive environment
- Team meetings/Intervention exchange option
- Access to large inventory of additional instruments/movement props
Skills and the Work Environment. Our music therapy program is entering its eighth year with the Cooperative Association for Special Education (C.A.S.E.) In addition, we have sessions currently available with other school districts. There are exciting opportunities for growth and developing new programs within the school setting. We are well respected, supported and appreciated by administration and staff in our classrooms. We provide a very supportive environment with exceptional compensation.
Skills Required: The music therapist in this position must have the ability to…
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of disabilities and music therapy
- Establish respect and rapport with students
- Manage therapeutic procedures and student behavior
- Organize time, environment, materials and equipment to facilitate learning
- Design interventions that are integrated, challenging, authentic and engaging
- Progress monitor student growth and adjust services as needed
- Maintain appropriate certification/licensure/standards of practice
- Have a strong work ethic and enjoy working independently
Performance Evaluation: Standard operating practice is to conduct job performance evaluations annually unless otherwise indicated.
To Apply: If you are interested and qualified for this position, please email the following to Linda@RWmusictherapy.com:
- Submit a cover letter, your available start date, and why you are a good fit for our practice.
- 3 References
Upon review of your cover letter and resume, we may be in contact to schedule an interview or to request a video sample of your musical skills.